Szczyrk is a small town in Beskid Śląski mountains in southern Poland. It is situated in the valley of the Żylica river.
The town is a popular centre for winter sports, with over 45 km of ski runs served by many easily accessible ski lifts. It is he principal training centre for Poland’s national skiing and ski jumping teams.
The two mountain ranges that surround the valley are dominated by the peaks of Skrzyczne at 1,257 metres (4,124 feet) and Klimczok 1,117 metres (3,665 feet), both of significant interest to tourists. There are commanding views from either peak. Moreover, either peak is accessible to most people, in one day's hike, via the tourist routes marked on any tourist map available in most kiosks or mountain shelters.
Traditional welcome extends to delicious regional food and drink. The famous Żywiec brewery is only 30 mins away, many local restaurants offer guests an unforgettable experience including local folk music and spectacular national costumes.
The winter offer
- The best skiing in Poland only 250m from your apartment. – new modern infrastructure, part of Szczyrk Mountain Resort; over 40 km or slopes, 4 and 6 person chair lifts, free ski bus, night skiing,
- Ski school only 50 m away
- Beskid Sport Arena offering luge track, accessible via free skibus (bus stop 150 m)
- Horse drawn sleigh rides 300m away .
- Ice skating rings available 300m and 1.5 km away
- Swimming pool 2km away
The summer offer
- walking and cycling routes, mountain trails suitable for most tourists (Skrzyczne 1257m, Klimczok 1117m, Magura 1095m and many more)
- new enduro cycling routes (from July 2019)
- rope park - Beskid Park
- Nordic Walking routes
- horse riding - Eliksir stable
- tennis courts
- volley ball and beach volleyball
Art and culture
- beautiful wooden historical churches
- local art galleries
- international week of culture taking place every year in July and August welcomes folk groups, music and art from across Europe and beyond
Other local attractions
- Aquapark – 14km
- Zywiec brewy museum – 17km
- Bielsko Biala, centre for cartoon film industry of Poland – 16 km offers theaters, cinema’s, the old city and fantastic shopping experience
- Pszczyna with its beautiful palace only 40 km away
Easy access to two close airports:
- Katowice Pyrzowice – 104 km
- Krakow Balice – 128 km
Both about 90 min away. Bus service from Szczyrk to Bielsko. Rail service from Bielsko to all major destinations in Poland. Transfers to and from airports can be arranged on request